No situation is ever hopeless. Because whatever the situation may be, the moment you start to take action, you change it. Ralph Marsdon

Follow my progress...

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Just When Things Are Back On Track, I Sabotage Myself...

[Dropkick Murphys : Perfect Stranger Lyrics]


This line totally describes what I do to myself!



I literally
self sabotage myself
EVERYDAY!!
I don't know why I do it!

I start out with the best of intentions,
but then I bomb by the end of the day!!







I seriously NEED to heed this warning!!

Especially the candy & junk!!

I am a chocoholic!!

I usually do very well on my days off at home.
It's the days I am in work that kill me!!
I TRY to stay away from the junk food..I really do!!
But then I figure just one, which turns into more and then I'm like what the heck I already blew it and then I spiral down from there!





Not to mention my lack of exercise!!
Again, I don't do too bad at home. I try to get on my stationary bike or the treadmill AND I walk Shea to/from school at least one way everyday pending my work schedule and weather.

It's when I get into work that I fail!!
We'll sit with the girls and watch TV. All this sitting coupled with the excess eating have rendered havoc on my weight problem!!
I've gained 10 lbs. since starting in November!! NOT cool!!


I want so bad to lose this weight!! I am so tired of looking & feeling this way!! I HATE the way things fit and the way my belly, hips and butt stick out!!
My 25th reunion is coming up the end of July, so I really need to do something for this too!!
I've lost weight before, but not quite this much...this is the BIGGEST I've ever been.
And I just can't believe I let myself get this way. My husband has been on me, as well!
He is so not happy with the way I look and seriously, who could blame him?
He thinks that I can just exercise and lose. He doesn't realize I need to watch what I eat, too. And it's just so hard now, at my age...it seems that when I do try with the diet and exercise, I do lose but only a few lbs. and then it stops...it's very frustrating!!

So here are some changes I NEED to make:

1. Most definitely need to watch what I eat...not necessarily a diet, just watch my intake. Something that has worked in the past is a method where you eat when you are HUNGRY. You have to make sure you are really hungry. Remember that sometimes you may feel hungry when you are dehydrated. So you need to drinks lots of water in between meals. If you keep up with this you will actually learn when you are really hungry, etc. With your meals, you fill a smaller plate with your food of choice. And you can drink anything you want only at meals. You take a sip of liquid between each bite of food, which is chewed thoroughly. Eating slowly and drinking while eating helps you get full faster. This helps you eat less food. The added fluids actually aid your digestion which also helps the weight loss process. While you are eating you are watching for a sign of fullness: this is when you have a deep sigh, which indicates that you are comfortably full!
At that point you stop eating. Pretty simple! I got this method from a book I had borrowed from my mom years ago. Of course, after she died I went to get it and it was gone. I'll have to pick up another. But I did remember the basics. It also incorporates prayer into the program. When you feel like eating an unneeded snack you take that time and pray instead. So if you are spiritual the plan is even better!! In the meantime I can check the authors website HERE!I also ordered the 6 Week Body Makeover which should be arriving soon.
I figured it can't hurt!!

2. I also need to up my exercise!! I am going to try to walk Shea to/from school more often!!
As well as, use my stationary bike and tread mill at home and the treadmill we have at the house in work!! I also intend to get the girls out walking more, too! Walks to Rite Aid & WaWa, and through the neighborhood will be nice!! We can walk around the Cherry Hill Mall, too.

3. To lose 50...YES 50 pounds. I know it won't all be before the reunion, but I'll be happy with something substantial!

4. And then, of course, I need to drink more water...which is probably the easiest of the 4...lol

As far as work goes...
things are good. Had some rough spots, but it's all a learning process.
I had my 90 day review last week. My manager gave me all 'O's...outstandings!
Which was exciting. She told me that her goals for me were to attend some of the girls plan meetings to see how they are ran. And to learn some of the paperwork, etc. to get more familiarized with how the house is ran. This led up to her asking me if I was interested in running my own house. This is actually a goal of mine, so I was happy for her to bring that up!! I told her somewhere down the road I would. She told me she thought I would be a good house manager, which boosted my ego a bit!! I certainly needed that as I suffer from lack of self-confidence!!
So my ultimate work goal is to right now learn and familiarize myself with ALL the things that go along with managing a house, which my manager will teach me. This will work well for now, b/c I need to keep this schedule until Shea starts 1st grade--1 more school year--[with the new Gov. our school had to cut K down to half day.] So hopefully by then things will fall into place and there will be a house manager opening available. We shall see!


Soooooo in ending....


WISH




ME




LUCK!!





^JUST ^j^ BELIEVE^

No comments: