No situation is ever hopeless. Because whatever the situation may be, the moment you start to take action, you change it. Ralph Marsdon

Follow my progress...

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, August 22, 2008

Lovesongs In The Night aka My Bible Study UPDATE-Day 1:Part One

I have enjoyed my three days of bible study so far and have actually
learned much insight!


Just to remind you I am using THIS






















I have also pulled THIS out to access and read my passages.

IT was given to me by my mother many years ago!















Day One:
I know it's only the very first day of my study, but I find myself getting frustrated already-at first, because I just wasn't getting it!
Ironically, this is what this particular study is based on: Self-Condemnation!
So, I took a deep breath and prayed for openess.
I read & re-read and this is what I got from this (the 1st) week's (of 4) lesson:

Proverbs-

18:01 A man who isolates himself seeks his own desire,
He rages against all wise judgement.

~I find I isolate myself a lot with my depression!
I do try to break out of the box and go and do things, but not too often because it is so difficult.
When I get like this I do go against better judgement and at times rage over it!!
It seems this is one part of that vicious circle I've talked about. I need to break this cycle - somehow - sometime soon!

18:08 The words of a talebearer are like tasty triffles,
And they go down into the inmost body.

~I also find that I, along with many people, -it just seems a human weakness!- to get into the gossip thing!
It does give you -me anyway- a sense of power to know that some people are weaker or less-off than you.
This is sooo wrong!!
I actually feel ashamed that I participate in such.
But it is so easy to do!
Another cycle I need to break!

18:10 The name of the Lord is a strong tower.
The righteous run to it and are safe.

~How true this is!
Even in the roughest times it is such a comfort just to say HIS name!!

18:14 The spirit of a man will sustain him in sickness,
But who can bear a broken spirit?

~This is where I believe my biggest problem is; my spirit is most definitely broken!
I just don't know when it happened, which would really help in repairing it!
So- all I can do is put my WHOLE self into the Lord and let Him guide me.
Then maybe - hopefully - surely my spirit will be healed!!

this is all for now...

to be continued...



No comments: